DSChorus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

【Guidelines for Recording & Submitting】

Go down

【Guidelines for Recording & Submitting】 Empty 【Guidelines for Recording & Submitting】

Post by Emi Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:02 pm

【Guidelines for Recording & Submitting】

Yes, this is Emi. These are just general, and I thought, common sense guidelines when recording and submitting lines. Please take note of this. They WILL (I can guarantee) make mixing easier and better, thus producing a more efficient chorus.
→ Make sure the lines are timed as accurately as they can.
→ Right melody please. Make sure you know which melody you're singing. Study it.
→ Timing when singing. Once again, this comes down to knowing the song and practicing.
→ DO. NOT. ADD. EFFECTS. TO. VOCALS. Ever, unless requested. The settings you use will be different from the mixers, make your voice stand out from the rest, and thus make the mixer unable to blend all the voices. (This was an issue that started me writing this in the first place.) The job of the mixer is to add effects, correct timing that might have been off, and produce a nice blend from the singers.
→ This isn't AS big as the rest, but it's still helpful. (At least, to me it is.) Have SOME sort of similar title formatting when submitting lines. What I, personally, normally do is submit like, 'SONG NAME_MY NAME_VOCALS'. This tells the person with the file what the song name is, WHO you are, and that it's your vocals. Trust me, it REALLY helps. Even throwing in your username between your name and vocals helps too.
Emi
Emi
Admin
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/user/PaperMoonPro

Back to top Go down